As a Talent Acquisition Partner at Nanoleaf you will be part of a team that builds revolutionary smart home products that are sold around the world in retailers such as Best Buy, Home Depot and the Apple Store. Your role will be to help find and hire the best talent for the next chapter in Nanoleaf’s journey while delivering an amazing candidate experience.
You’ll work with the executive team to run the entire recruitment process for talent from gathering the requirements for the new positions, sourcing talent, screening applicants, scheduling and coordinating interviews, presenting offers and working closely with our R&D, Marketing, and Sales teams to set your new hires up for a successful and engaging onboarding.
We’re looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist with previous experience recruiting R&D and Software Developers at all levels. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the competitive nature of this market and knows how to build a strong candidate pipeline from scratch.
- Partnering with hiring managers to identify their hiring needs
- Write, craft, and post job descriptions on the obvious and not-so-obvious job boards
- Source and reach out to candidates on LinkedIn, Angelist, Github, etc
- Build long term, high-quality relationships with candidates
- Ensure candidates have a long-lasting positive experience when interviewing with Nanoleaf
- Encourage and work with hiring managers and teams to share and explore their networks for talent
- Communicate challenges to a or market data in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Gifted storytellers and able to translate complex ideas/products in a meaningful, simplistic way
- Bonus if you’ve got experience/subject matter expertise when it comes to software development & product development
- Minimum 1 year technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment implementing a wide range of recruiting tactics and programs
- Ability to build strong relationships, manage expectations and execution for both candidates and hiring managers.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work with hiring managers to prioritize candidates and roles to meet hiring needs.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Previous experience working through a full recruiting cycle.
What We Offer:
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be in a successful and fast growing start-up
- Work in a team of pleasant young people who love to work hard and play hard together
- Stipends for working from home equipment during the pandemic
- Centrally located office in the heart of downtown Toronto that’s steps away from the St Lawrence Market
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one of a kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team, and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
This job is offered 100% remotely or on a hybrid work environment depending on candidate’s preference. We continue to monitor conditions in Toronto and Ontario adjusting our plan and timing.