We are looking for a full-time iOS Developer that can help bring Nanoleaf’s next-generation products into reality while performing according to our high internal standards. Nanoleaf has defined a category for smart décor and reimagined what smart lighting should look like.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of developing and deploying excellent software for the iOS platform. You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies like Matter and Thread and will be a key contributor in bringing innovative smart home technology to market.
You will work collaboratively with a team of talented engineers, developers, and designers. This role reports into the Mobile team lead.
Join us in rethinking what’s possible!
About the Role:
The iOS Developer will work closely with our full-stack, embedded, and hardware team to deliver a delightful and stunning app experience.
- Drive new development for our latest product and features
- Write clean, maintainable code and advocate for best practices
- Formulate and automate mobile software testing
- Work with the UX, embedded, cloud, and QA teams to deliver a complete stack solution and the best mobile experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field required
- 3+ years of hands-on iOS Development experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks: UIKit, Auto Layout, Core Data
- Strong understanding of MVC, MVVM, reactive programming, and asynchronous
- Experience with REST, and API integrations
- Track record in developing iOS apps; experience releasing to App Store
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines
- Creative problem solving, quality awareness, and driven to have an impact on Nanoleaf
- The salary range for this role is $90,000.00-$140,000.00 CAD per year and is dependent on experience
- This role will require you to occasionally work collaboratively in the office (Toronto HQ)
- Interest in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience with OAuth and mobile security mechanisms
- Experience working with WIFI, Thread, Bluetooth, or other wireless controller hardware
- Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs
- Personal projects (school projects do not count)
Interview Process: Our interview process is conducted remotely.
Nanoleaf is a technology and IoT company changing the world with the most innovative smart home solutions that transform ordinary experiences into extraordinary ones. By infusing thoughtful design and technological intelligence in their products, Nanoleaf is ushering in a new era of the smart home that centers around complete personalization. Every product created by Nanoleaf embodies our philosophy of ‘Smarter by Design.’
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team, and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.
We’re excited to chat! Hit the Apply Now button to get the conversation started.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf
We have a transition plan in place to move to a hybrid work environment, but we continue to monitor conditions in Toronto and Ontario adjusting our plan and timing.