Experienced with press outreach? Skilled at building relationships with the media? Enjoy brainstorming different pitch angles and working in a fast-paced environment? Then we are looking for you!
We’re an emerging global company within the smart home space and we’re looking for a self-motivated PR Specialist to help elevate our brand awareness as we continue to grow. You would be responsible for managing key media relationships, coming up with unique pitch angles for products and our brand, planning our press communications strategy, and act as a representative of the Nanoleaf brand. You will be a vital part of executing PR campaigns and partnerships.
Our ideal candidate has experience in doing press outreach, bonus if you’re worked at a PR agency before, and is a self-motivated individual who is interested in continually learning and growing. You will be working under the Director of PR and Communications, and with a team of passionate creatives who are masters of their craft.
Please include your resume and a cover letter to be considered.
- Media/press outreach to get coverage, reviews, interviews
- Generating PR pitch angles for our products and brand on a weekly basis
- Prepare articles and press releases for the media
- Coming up with communications plans for how to reach the targeted media/press outlets for campaigns
- Building relationships with the relevant media/press contacts and growing our outreach contact list
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use
- Manage incoming marketing inquiries and proactive outreach to build our network
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company and address questions and complaints.
- Plan and oversee press events
- Research and write briefing materials
- Assemble press kits
- Coordinate shipping of product samples
- Assist with other PR/marketing-related tasks as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong project management abilities required
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and TikTok
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Desire for continuous improvement & learning
- Team player who is willing to provide assistance whenever and wherever needed
What We Offer
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be in a successful and fast-growing global company
- See the direct impact of every partnership, project and campaign
- The freedom to explore new ideas
- Join a passionate young team who love to work hard and play hard together
- Centrally located office in the heart of downtown Toronto across the street from St. Lawrence Market, and close to all public transit
- Health benefits
- Employee career development. We work with our employees to help them reach their fullest potential, and grow within the company.
- COVID-19 working model: Mainly work from home with the option of working in the office if preferred (have to be based in Toronto/GTA).
Nanoleaf is a technology and IoT company changing the world with the most innovative smart home solutions, taking ordinary experiences and making them extraordinary. By infusing thoughtful design and technological intelligence in our products, we are ushering in a new era of the smart home that centers around complete personalization.
Nanoleaf was founded in 2012 by three engineers wanting to shake up the lighting industry. The company now has a global presence with offices in Toronto, Shenzhen, Paris, Hong Kong and Philippines. Made up of a diverse team of passionate out-of-the-box thinking problem-solvers, Nanoleaf strives to transform and reshape the way we experience our world. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees. If this sounds like a fit for you, apply now!
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf