We are looking for an Industrial Designer that can help bring Nanoleaf’s next-generation products into reality while performing according to our high internal standards.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of designing and delivering beautiful and usable physical products. You have a keen eye for where complexity can be simplified and you take joy when users love your products. You will be reporting to the Chief Product Officer, and working closely with a team of talented engineers, developers, and designers.
The Industrial Designer will work closely with our product designers, product managers, hardware engineers, and software team to deliver a delightful and stunning product experience.
- Perform mechanical engineering work on existing concept art
- Working side by side with product design lead on concept art
- Working with other mechanical engineers and product managers across the border (requires excellent communication skills and some availability after hours)
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and developers to bring designs to life
- Be a primary contributor during alpha and beta prototype iteration to refine products
- Collaborate closely with our hardware teams overseas in Asia
- Degree in Industrial Design / Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with CAD software
- Excellent understanding of various manufacturing processes (millwork, metal fabrication, and plastic fabrication)
- Great 2D and 3D visualization skills in sketching, rendering, and 3d printing.
- Experience with model creation and prototyping
- Portfolio of work demonstrating abilities
- Experience working with smart home or IoT devices a significant asset
- Creative problem solving, quality awareness and driven to have an impact on Nanoleaf
What We Offer:
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be in a successful and fast growing start-up
- Feel the impact you make by improving Nanoleaf’s products and software
- Work in a team of pleasant young people who love to work hard and play hard together
- Centrally located office in the heart of downtown Toronto that’s steps away from the St Lawrence Market
- Mix of work from home and in-person collaboration
We’re ramping up our return to office. We expect a hybrid model for our R/D team, with a target of ~2 days a week in the office to facilitate proper collaboration around our hardware products. This progression is contingent on cases and vaccine rates
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one of a kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team, and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf