We are looking for a full-time Embedded Engineer that can help bring Nanoleaf’s next-generation products into reality while performing according to our high internal standards.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of developing and deploying excellent embedded software and firmware. You will be reporting to the Embedded team lead, and working closely with a team of talented engineers, developers, and designers.
The Embedded Software Developer will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of Nanoleaf’s embedded software for new and existing Nanoleaf products:
- Design and implement embedded firmware in Linux, RTOS, and/or bare metal environments
- Contribute end to end in product development lifecycles
- Collaborate with hardware, mobile, cloud, and design teams to create a full product software solution
- Manage software and product development projects according to best practices
- Creation of software documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Post-graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on embedded development experience
- Strong experience in C/C++ development in an embedded environment.
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, WiFi, Thread, Bluetooth, or other wireless protocols an asset
- Knowledge or experience with security protocols (encryption, authentication, secure socket layer, etc.) an asset
- Experience with version control systems such as git an asset
- Experience with interfacing sensors and hardware an asset
- Experience with digital signal processing and estimation algorithms an asset
- Creative problem solving, quality awareness, and drive to have an impact on Nanoleaf
What We Offer
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be in a successful and fast growing start-up
- Feel the impact you make by improving Nanoleaf’s products and software
- Work in a team of pleasant young people who love to work hard and play hard together
- Stipends for working from home equipment during the pandemic
- Centrally located office in the heart of downtown Toronto that’s steps away from the St Lawrence Market
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one of a kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team, and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf