We are looking for a full-time Android Developer that can help bring Nanoleaf’s next-generation products into reality while performing according to our high internal standards. Nanoleaf has defined a category for smart decor and reimagined what smart lighting should look like.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of developing and deploying excellent software for the Android platform. You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies like Matter and Thread and will be a key contributor in bringing innovative smart home technology to market.
You will work collaboratively with a team of talented engineers, developers, and designers. This role reports into the Mobile team lead.
Join us in rethinking what’s possible!
About the Role:
The Android Developer will work closely with our full-stack, embedded and hardware team to deliver a delightful and stunning app experience.
- Drive new development for our latest product and features
- Write clean, maintainable code and advocate for best practices
- Formulate and automate mobile software testing
- Work with the embedded and server development team in order to deliver a complete stack solution and the best mobile experience possible
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field required
- 2+ years of hands-on Android Development experience with Kotlin and/or Java
- Track record in developing Android apps; experience releasing to Google Play Store is a big asset
- Interest in the Internet of Things (IoT) an asset
- Experience with REST, and API integrations are assets
- Experience with OAuth and mobile security mechanisms a big asset
- Experience working with Wifi, Thread, Bluetooth or other wirelessly controller hardware an asset
- Personal projects (school projects do not count) an asset
- Creative problem solving, quality awareness and driven to have an impact on Nanoleaf
- The salary range for this role is $90,000.00-$120,000.00 CAD per year
- This role will require you to occasionally work collaboratively in the office (Toronto HQ)
What We Offer:
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be in a successful and rapidly scaling start-up
- Feel the impact you make by improving Nanoleaf’s products and software
- Work with a team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
- Centrally located office in the heart of downtown Toronto, steps away from St Lawrence Market
- Benefits, Vacation, Virtual and F2F events, Flexible Scheduling and more!
Nanoleaf is a technology and IoT company changing the world with the most innovative smart home solutions that transform ordinary experiences into extraordinary ones. By infusing thoughtful design and technological intelligence in their products, Nanoleaf is ushering in a new era of the smart home that centers around complete personalization. Every product created by Nanoleaf embodies our philosophy of ‘Smarter by Design.’
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team, and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees.
We’re excited to chat! Hit the Apply Now button to get the conversation started.
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
Youtube | Facebook: /thenanoleaf
We have a transition plan in place to move to a hybrid work environment, but we continue to monitor conditions in Toronto and Ontario adjusting our plan and timing.